16 January 2010

Unwavering

I have been up to the blue, blue sky -
 beneath the arms of the trees -
and scrambled through the underbrush
 with never a "by your leave."

I have brushed past the tickling pines,
 and the prickly vines as well,
to descend once more,
to my own front door,
with a new passion to quell.



I am here again, in this home-that-will--not-be-called-so, but my heart does not use words to name things and so is not troubled with the restrictions of the English language. Before I left, two or three days ago now, I finished Forever Hero, another Sci-fi book. Don't worry, I won't open that discussion again, not today. I will instead talk in pictures, in hopes that you, too, will somehow feel the peace that has been all around me.


I went for a hike today "up a misty mountain," only there was no mist, only grass




and sky



And paths leading no where




Yet yielding treasures all the way









Just when I was feeling that no human foot had trod the ground I walked on (never mind it being in sight of my house) I was informed otherwise




              The sky was so open, and the air smelled so good, that coming back indoors was a little hard. But I made soup, and ate it with the delicious, thick, home made bread of one of my friend's grandfather.




I ate it (oh, so good!) and finished up The Tale of Two Cities. It was a bit of a chore to get through the first parts - so much metaphor and death - but the end made up for it. Knowing Sydney Carton made up for it. More people should know him, he's not talked of half enough for my liking. In fact, I don't think a single person has ever mentioned him to me out side of a book club. It's a real pity, for his is a story worth reading. It, along with some tender pieces of beef and carrot, have added another layer of warmth to my heart – another synonym, if you will, for Here.




3 comments:

  1. ok, so tell me how to get email notification when you update? I have had you on my 'follow' list for awhile, but I don't see anything that says I'll get emails. I did not see any 'RSS' on your blog. . . lost

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the safari browser, RSS is in the navigation bar, where you type in a page's address. it's steel blue. See it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. Thank you Sixer. I was looking at the website header. Okay, not it wants me to choose, atom or RSS?

    ReplyDelete